Sunday, October 3

ME TOO!!!

Jolee seems to think that she can do anything that we are doing. It never ceases to amaze me what she thinks she should be able to do. She has become quite the dare devil. She will climb on to the couch and stand on the very edge and jump on the edge of the couch until she almost falls the she runs to the back of the couch only to do it all over again. She will occasionally fall off and think that it was the greatest thing ever. We will occasionally put her on the bed, until she gets to the edge and almost falls off. She loves to play on the bed, running, falling, and jumping.

Jolee even thinks that she needs to be eating what we are eating, although what we are frequently eating will make her sick. She even attempts to take the dog for a walk. When we bring him in from a walk Jolee will run over and grab the leash before we take it off of him and try to walk him. She does pretty good until the dog pulls a little bit and then she drops the leash. I think that she needs a little more practice before she actually gets to walk him outside of the house. Jolee has been wanting to type on the computer because she sees mom, aunt Sandy, and dad typing on the computer. So this morning I let her type  a letter and this is what the out come was. I let her type until she said that she was done. She did havbe fun and I guess it is all part of learning.


Zvcgnbvnbnnnbnmmnbnbnggnnnnnnnjjjjgjgnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm            vyd7ufuuryt6ey7ey cwbcxf              gjjjgm                                                                                                        v    vmv n                     sll;mm mmkfdrkllwl;4dzccdbhsghgggfgdggesasgvvvv b                              bqwyuew2T76b7                1`8b78nHAHBHhhvfhhbj cdhjcgggggg             k,,,kaaq 


Jolee loves to eat cold cereal for breakfast. She will eat two or three small bowls full with a bit of soy milk. She is still allergic to milk and I am hoping that she will out grow it. It would make life so much easier if she did.

Work is going well for me. Although by the end of the week the students are driving me a little crazy. Most are doing much better. I have one student that does not like to listen. The like to grab students and/or teachers/aides. He usually will grab them by the arm, wrist, or hand. However with one particular aide he loves to attempt to grab her in in appropriate places and areas. One day he attempted to undress her. Last Friday this aide was not here so it was my turn. This student decided to "hug" me but did not let go. When I finally got him to let go he grabbed my wrists and would not let go. It was not until I got the "do it now" voice that he let go. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Sometimes I think that it is better to have a room filled with 3-4 year olds, rather than have a room filled with high school aged students with the mentality of 3-4 year olds. What was I thinking? How could this have ever been my dream job? Now with all doubts aside, I really do enjoy my students. I have been able to see some of my students grow by leaps and bounds all ready. One student is non verbal and would not use their communication device. She would also have everything given to her. It was when I came into the picture that she had to ask for what she wanted, using her device. She will now verbalize what she wants and has become quite the little spit fire. I guess that is what I get for wanting her to open up. Another student that that is also non verbal has also opened up and has been quite the little miss attitude. What have I done. Oh well, things will improve. They always get worse before they get better. I do enjoy my students and I don't even mind the drive. Although it would be nice to be home in thirty minutes or less.

No comments: