Monday, July 21

I feel boring

I'd have never thought that the life of a critical care nurse would be boring, but it is. I do more or less the same thing every day. I did get quite the positive experience yesterday. I was taking care of a cancer patient and he had had a very bad night. Some how, what I did for him changed his day into a very positive day. He told me that I personally saved the VA's reputation and that he wants to take me home as his personal nurse because I was able to help him so much. I am not bragging, it is just so nice to hear compliments and gratitude in the craziness that I work in.

In other news, the power poles are almost completely fixed. They put in metal poles, so hopefully this won't happen again.

Also, on Saturday we are making the drive to Payson, Utah to visit my family. I am going to try to teach my mom to blog. I'll let you know how it works out. We are taking Chonkiri with us, so it may be a very interesting drive, he has done this drive twice before, but it has been a while since the last time. Our next trip will hopefully be up to Preston, ID to see Randy's family (sorry Swanns it may be further in the future than desired, but hopefully not too long).

Additionally, I am having to work more Sundays. I worked yesterday and I will be working another Sunday in two weeks. It really makes me appreciate the times that I do get to go to church. I REALLY miss it! Missing church makes it feel like my week never restarted, but that it is just one VERY long week. I did some research on LDS.org to see if there were any suggestions to help me to feel closer to God even when I have to work. I found a couple, including listening to church music and reading scriptures while at work. I did get to listen to a little bit of church music, but I didn't even get a lunch yesterday, let alone read scriptures. The patients I have had lately have been very high acuity and have taken almost every moment of my time from the moment I walked into work until I leave. I am so tired. I think I prefer surgery patients, rather than medical patients. Both require time, but surgery requires less continual care. I ache all over from lifting, turning, cleaning, adjusting, positioning, dressing changing, etc. etc. I am so looking forward to having a few days off of work to recooperate.

No comments: