Sunday, May 11

Happy Mother's Day

Randy is the Sunday School President at church and one of his responsibilities is to "do something special for the moms" as Randy puts it. Usually the moms get a carnation (which is often in pieces before they get home from church). This year Randy came up with this...

Two potted flowers and a poem about moms. I helped tie the ribbons. "Aren't they beautiful?!" "The ribbons." That was my darling Randy talking, so I had to quote him. His councilor, Bro. Gibson, (and his wife), put together the poem. I was very impressed with how nice and longer lasting this year's gift to the moms was. This is the poem... "I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earth, Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth... I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed, Than twine a chain of diamonds about my carefree head. I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyes, Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise."
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I love you mommy! Thank-you for raising me and helping me to be the person I am today. I love you Mom Swann! Thank-you so much for helping my husband to be the kind, loving, and righteous person that he is.

4 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

wow thats sooooo sweet

Becky said...

Great job on the flowers. I loved them and have a spot for them in my yard.

Deg's Dungeon said...

I think you came up with a great idea! The flowers and the poem were really nice. :-)

- Lisa

. said...

I thought it was a wonderful and creative idea. My kids helped me plant the flowers in our flower bed yesterday! Thanks!