Wednesday, May 21

Running (sort of)

I have been really focused on trying to improve my health and such. As a part of health improvement, I have been walking with Lindy and Lisa weekly. Before the walk, I get to the park early and I run. Today was one of the hardest runs. I haven't run for two weeks (I slacked last week and didn't do my run) and my body did not want to make it around the track. I thought I was going to fall over and die (after only half a lap). But, horray for me, I finished the lap. Although it may not seem like a lot to you, it was so hard not to give up. Mind over matter. So I am taking a verbal victory lap. Hip-hip-horray! Okay, now I going to go plop down and rest. Oh, after the run, Lisa and I walked at a good pace (thanks for keeping me going Lisa) for about an hour. If anyone wants to join us, you are welcome. My day off next week is Wednesday the 28th. We usually start walking anywhere from 6:30am (cooler) to 8am and we are done between 7:45am and 10am. Let me know if you want to join and we can choose a time. As for now, it is chow time.

1 comment:

Robin said...

way to early for me, but great for you!