Sunday, February 28

Life

My how life flies by. It seems that I am just grasping one thing and the next thing I know it has been two or three weeks. I enjoy holding Jolee and just watching her. It amazes me that she is now eight months old, crawls, is trying to woalk, and has two teeth. How can my little girl have gotten so big so fast? At the rate that it is going, I feel like I will wake up the next day and she will be asking for the keys. She is a joy to be around. She does not know how to hold still, even while eating. She is always on the go, go, go. School is going well for me. I am now half way through with my student teaching and registerd to take my final certification testat the end of March. I have been able to make a good impression for the principle at the school I am at for my student teaching and she has recommended me to the head of Special Education in the district. The head of SpEd want to observe me once I have started my student teaching in SpEd. YEA!! I almost have a job for next fall!! Sarah is still working at the VA and has now been asked to start trainging for charge. Once whe has gthis position she will be incharge of all the codes during her shift. Yes, she is an adrenalin junkie.
We were driving around town yeaterday returning/exchanging stuff to/at stores and Sarah saw a sign for a fair at the park. We decided to go and check it out. Boy was it interesting. I wish we had our video camera. We spent some time there and then left. As we were walking to the car we decided to go to the humane society to see if they had a dog that would be good friends with Chonkiri. We did not expect to find one then, however we saw a dog that was almost what we were looking for, she is a little big, and took her out to the yard to see how she was with Jolee. She is so mild and sweet. She did not even notice the other dogs as she was walking past them in the kennel. She also did not mind Jolee patting her and pulling on her head. We decided to asopt her. Yes, we have another dog. Her name is Xyla and she is a little shy and scared. Xyla and Chonkiri are getting along just great. Xyla is still a little tiimid and shy but she is slowly making progress as we gain her trust. We went to church this mornign and when we got back she was sitting under the car port waiting for us to get home. She had gotten out of the yard and visited a couple of neighbors and then sat in the carport waiting our arrival. She mus thave decided that we are okay and that she can call this place home. She had pushed the gate open and squeezed thru the opening that we have never had a problem with Chonkiri. We will will be going to the hardware store tomorrow to look at new gate latches. We took her and Chinkiri for a walk tonight and she was just as happy as can be. Her tail goes up a little more each day. She did not eat the first night due to the stress of being in a new environment, but she ate this mornign and tonight. She also accepted a treat from my hand which is something that she would not do. Pictures will come soon.

No comments: